Red Seafood Coconut Curry
- 1 + 1/2 cups white rice - 1 can coconut cream
- 1 packet frozen seafood - 1 carrot, chopped
medley (trader joes). - 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- half onion, chopped - 1 tbs cilantro, minced
- 1 tsp masala powder - 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper. - 5 basil leaves, chopped
- salt + pepper. - 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger. - 1 tomato, chopped
Defrost the frozen seafood medley. In a rice cooker, (or pot on stove) cook the rice to bag's instructions. In a large frying pan or pot over medium heat, throw on the oil, onion, carrot, and red bell pepper. Once softened, after 5- 6 minutes, add garlic and tomato and sauté for 2 more minutes. Add the masala powder, cayenne pepper, basil leaves, and ground ginger and sauté for about 30 seconds. Add the can of coconut milk, stir and bring to a simmer. Let sit and simmer while you cook the seafood.
In another frying pan, pour some oil or butter on to the pan, and place the defrosted seafood in it. (I use the frozen seafood medley from Trader Joes). Cook, stirring around, for about 3 minutes until the seafood is fully cooked and translucent. Once cooked, put it in the simmering curry. Add desired amount of salt + pepper. Stir around the curry, and let it simmer for however long until you like the consistency of the curry (I do for about 8-10 minutes or so so it thickens a bit). In a bowl, scoop some rice as the base, then add a ladle full of the seafood curry over it. Sprinkle minced cilantro and red pepper flakes on top!